We always ask our participants for their best excuse(s) for not winning our race. Below is a sampling of the excuses we’ve received: We’d love to add your excuse (if it’s good enough) to the list. Send your excuse to email@example.com. If your excuse really cracks up the race director, you’ll receive a complimentary entry to this year’s event.
* I wore myself out doing a warm up.
* Decaf coffee.
* Serious bottleneck at the water station.
* Pre-race “donut challenge” – not a good idea.
* Two words: nipple chafe.
* My shorts kept riding up.
* I forgot my sports bra!
* I was too rested.
*I have a teenage daughter.
* My training’s been as shaky as a Polaroid picture.
* Couldn’t decide; race, or bowling?
* So many K’s. So little time.
* I didn’t run the tangents.
* I have slow parents.
*I was leading and went off course.
*Anyway, who needs trophies?
*Because I’m nine months pregnant.
* I don’t run fast.
* I was still in the porta potty when the gun went off.
* I was too busy talking.
* I don’t compete, I just complete.
* I was having hot flashes.
* I dropped my water bottle.
* I entered late and didn’t have time to taper properly.
* If you win you have to sit around and wait for everyone else.
* My shoelace came untied.
* My dog ate my bib.
* I’m not good at short distances.
* I used all my energy to lead the pack for the first half.
* I was pushing a stroller.
* I got lost and didn’t want to ask for directions.
* My mom raised me to be polite and let all the ladies go first.
* I’m not used to running without the cops chasing me.
* I took the road less traveled…. and that has made all the difference.
* I didn’t want to give anyone low self-esteem.
* I forgot to shave my legs.
* I was teaching my kid a lesson in sportsmanship.
* My Chi wasn’t flowing right.
* Nice guys finish last.
* There was a rock in my shoe.
* I needed a goal for next year.
* I didn’t think winning would be good for my image.
* I wasn’t wearing my lucky socks.
* I didn’t eat my Wheaties.
* I thought I had to stop at the stop signs.
* My dog ate the race packet.
* Stayed up all night playing xbox.
* I have a vision problem – I can’t see any reason to get up that early.
* Too many fast women…story of my life.
* I was taking pictures of the kid’s race and forgot to warm up.